Suspension of FTX (EU) Ltd license extended by CySEC
Following CySEC’s announcement on 22/12/2022, the suspension of the authorization of FTX (EU) Ltd has been extended until 31/03/2023. The authorization of FTX (EU) Ltd was initially suspended by CySEC on 11/11/2022, as there were suspicions of alleged violations of:
Section 22(1) of the Investment Services and Activities and Regulated Markets Law of 2017 (the ‘Law’) as the Company does not appear to comply at all times with the authorisation conditions: - in section 9(2)(a) of the Law, in relation to the suitability of the members of the management body, and
Section 17(9) of the Law, as specified in paragraph 4(1)(f) of the CySEC’s Directive DI87-01 for the Safeguarding of Client Assets, Product Governance Obligations and Inducements, in relation to the organisational requirements for safeguarding the clients’ assets.
Based on CySEC’s decision FTX (EU) Ltd is not permitted to:
- Provide/carry out investment services/activities.
- Enter into any business transaction with any person and accept any new client.
- Advertise itself as a provider of investment services.
FTX (EU) Ltd, if this is consistent with existing clients’ wishes, may:
- Complete all its own transactions and those of its clients which are before it, in accordance with client instructions.
- Return all funds and financial instruments which are attributable to its clients.