PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN GREECE (GOLDEN VISA)
The Greek “Golden Visa” for “Permanent residency for investors” offers permanent residency permit to non-EU citizens and their family members, who acquire real estate property in Greece.
An investment of real estate in Greece is required, with minimum value of €250,000 which makes the Greek programme the lowest investment level of any real estate residency visa scheme in Europe.
- Real estate investment – the applicant must retain the property after the application has been accepted
- Clear criminal record
- Medical insurance
- No minimum stay requirement
- The investment can be made in land, off-plan, new or resale properties as long as the minimum value of the investment has been met
- The property can be located anywhere on the Greek mainland or the islands
- Can be either residential or commercial
- Either single or multiple properties with a combined value of €250,000.
- The applicant needs to have made the property investment in Greece prior to the submission of the visa
Joint Owners of the Investment
- In cases of joint ownership, where the value of the property is €250.000, the residence is only granted if the owners are spouses with undivided ownership of the property.
- In all other cases of joint ownership, the residence permit is only granted if the amount invested by each of the joint owners is at least €250.000.
- The investor / applicant
- Their spouse
- Unmarried dependent children up to the age 21.
- The dependent parents of both spouses
Benefits of the Greek “Golden Visa”
- Live freely in Greece or continue to live in your home country and use the permit whenever you need it
- Gives the right to apply for EU citizenship (after living in Greece for 7 years, in accordance with legal provisions)
- Visa-free travel to all countries of the Schengen zone
- Enjoy the same health and education rights as Greek nationals
Steps to follow
Step one: Issue entry visa and visit Greece to find the right property
Step two: Issue Tax id number
Step three: Open Bank account with a local Bank
Step four: Purchase property
Step five: Signing of the sale purchase agreement (the final Contract)
The applicant can sign the sale and purchase agreement through a power of attorney
Step six: Start the application for the Golden Visa
- Appointed Greek Lawyer to satisfy all the requirements in relation to the procedure of signing the Contract in Notary Office and transfer of Title Deed to Client(s) name(s).
- b) Settlement of Contract amount in full, including all legal fees & Title Deed transfer fee.
- c) Issuance of Title Deed.d) Meeting with lawyer and signing the power of attorney in Public Notary Office in case the applicant won’t visit Greece for signing the application.
Step seven: Submit all the requisite documents to obtain the golden visa (The applicant can submit the application through a power of attorney)
- Copy of passport.
- 3 recent colour photographs.
- Medical Insurance.
- The final sales and purchase agreement of the property or properties with a minimum value of €250,000.
- Transfer Certificate (of title deed) from the Land Registry.
- Power of Attorney in case the client won’t visit Greece to sign the application
- Residence Permit Application: €2,000 per adult person.
- For the Applicant’s family members (spouse, children): additional recent certificate of marital status, translated and stamped apostille, proving the relationship.
Renewal of the permanent permit
- Renewed every 5 years by presenting to the authority the title deed of the property.