Real estate projects are very demanding and certainly complex. They require careful consideration of numerous elements. Buying and selling properties in Cyprus, either residential or commercial, requires extensive knowledge of the domestic real estate law, compliance with governmental and financial requirements and good knowledge of the structures of development and fund in real estates.
As a top law firm, we are actively engaged in all aspects of real estate law and have extensive experience in consulting and representing developers, real estate companies, contractors, sub-contractors, service providers, real estate owners, prospective buyers, investors, private and public bodies, lenders, property-owning institutions, retailers and banks.
Our team provides a full range of services on all aspects of real estate and construction, including advising on and negotiating the terms of acquisitions, sales, transfers, transactions, financing, tax efficiency, planning and environmental law matters, use of real estate, and commercial contracts. Our firm also represents clients in complex probate proceedings before the Courts.
Over the last few years, real estate in Cyprus has emerged as an attractive long-term investment by locals, as well as foreign individuals, and companies. Our firm assists sponsors, investors and fund managers to manage their funds, investment trusts and joint ventures, and provides advice in distribution of investment portfolios, corporate, tax, financial and regulatory issues.
Construction is also a demanding industry with multiplayers engaged in the process of each project. Long-term construction projects involve complex structuring, and require exhaustive knowledge of structuring, financing, investment, funding, taxation, legal, and regulatory requirements.
Our law firm advises clients on all aspects of construction, including the following:
- Drafting and negotiating construction agreements and other legal documents
- Due diligence reviews
- Advice on construction procurement issues
- Advice on legal and regulatory requirements
- Initiating or defending clients in construction law actions before the Courts
Our services within the real estate sector, include:
- Negotiation, documentation and completion of real estate transactions
- Negotiations, drafting and reviewing of contracts of sale
- Advice and assistance with property management agreements and contracts relating to major property developments
- Undertaking of property due diligence exercises
- Advice on financial matters
- Advice on town planning and other governmental requirements
- Obtaining the special permission required from the authorities for third-country nationals in order to register immovable property in their names
- Advice on leasing and subleasing matters
- Advice on public procurement and concessions
- Collecting overdue and unpaid rent, advising on breach of terms and termination of leases, which, in most cases, fall under the provisions of the Rent Control Laws
- Dispute resolution
- Initiating, or defending clients in claims before the Courts