Real estate projects are very demanding and certainly complex: they require careful consideration of numerous elements. Buying and selling properties in Cyprus, either residential or commercial, requires extensive knowledge of the domestic real estate law, compliance with governmental and financial requirements and good knowledge of the structures of development and fund in real estates.
As a top law firm we are actively engaged in all aspects of real estate law, and has extensive experience in consulting and representing developers, real estate companies, contractors, sub-contractors, service providers, real estate owners, prospective buyers, investors, private and public bodies, lenders, property-owning institutions, retailers and banks.
Our team provides advices on a full range of services on all aspects of real estate and construction, including advising on and negotiating the terms of acquisitions, sales, transfers, transactions, financing, tax efficiency, planning and environmental law matters, use of real estate and commercial contracts. The firm also represents clients in complex probate proceedings before the Courts.
During the last years, real estate in Cyprus has emerged as an attractive long – term investment by locals as well as foreign individuals and companies. Our firm assist sponsors, investors and fund managers, to manage their funds, investment trust and joint ventures, and provides advices in distribution of investment portfolios, corporate, tax, financial and regulatory issues.
Construction is also a demanding industry with multiplayers engaged in the process of each project. Long – term construction projects involve complex structuring, and require exhaustive knowledge of structuring, financing, investment, funding, taxation, legal and regulatory requirements.
Our law firm advises clients on all aspects of construction, including the following:
- Drafting and negotiating construction agreements and other legal documents
- Due diligence reviews
- Advice on construction procurement issues
- Advice on legal and regulatory requirements
- Initiating or defending clients in construction law actions before the Courts
- Dispute Resolution
Services provided by our law firm in the real estate sector, include:
- Negotiation, documentation and completion of real estate transactions
- Negotiations, drafting and reviewing of contracts of sale
- Advice and assistance with property management agreements and contracts relating to major property developments
- Undertaking of property due diligence exercises
- Advice on financial matters
- Advice on town planning and other governmental requirements
- Obtaining the special permission required from the authorities for third-country nationals in order to register immovable property in their names
- Advice on leasing and subleasing matters
- Advice on public procurement and concessions
- Collecting overdue and unpaid rent, advising on breach of terms and termination of leases which, in most cases, fall under the provisions of the Rent Control Laws.
- Dispute Resolution
- Initiating or defend clients in claims before the Courts